Collection and use of information
- HeadsetsDepot.com is the sole owner of information collected and gathered on this site. This information will never be shared, sold, or rented to others in any matter beyond what is disclosed in this document.
- Some areas of HeadsetsDepot.com involve completion of a registration form and a log in page. Contact information (such as a name or e-mail address) may be used to contact the user about the services on our site for which he or she has expressed interest. The user has the option to include additional demographic information which will help us provide a more personalized experience on our websites.
- Some areas of our Website provide online transactions. We request information from the user on our order forms to process that request. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customers' orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
- We sometimes use IP addresses to analyze trends, identify popular pages on our site, administer the site, track users' movement on our pages, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use to serve you better. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- We occasionally share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. Rest assured that this information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We partner with other companies to provide specific services; for example, the technical features of Headsetsdepot.com that are provided by partner companies. When the user signs up for services in these areas, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- This Web site contains links to other sites. Headsetsdepot.com and Digitcom.ca is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Headsetsdepot.com
E-mail news alerts and other newsletters
Surveys and contests
- From time to time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore can choose whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, the information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers), that information is encrypted and is protected with encryption software. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also take precautions to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices. The computer servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Internet security measures are taken to guard against hacking or cracking intrusions, damage or theft of information. If you have any questions about the security at our Web site, you can send e-mail to email@example.com.
Supplementation of information
- In order for this Web site to properly fulfill its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from third-party sources.
Special offers and service updates
- Users who sign up for e-mail newsletters or other services will occasionally receive information on news stories, products, services, special deals, etc. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. We also send users of some services, site and service announcement updates. We communicate with users to provide requested services and in regard to issues relating to their accounts via e-mail or phone.
Correcting/updating personal information
- If a users personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that users personal data provided to us. This can be done by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to Digitcom Telecommunications, 250 Rimrock Road, Toronto Ontario, M3J 3A6.
- For users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials from us or our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the e-mail or e-mail us at email@example.com. Users of our site are notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not.
Notification of changes